Kingston Fire Department Smoke Detector Program
Get Alarmed, TN Overview
“Get Alarmed, TN!” is a grant-funded fire safety education and smoke alarm installation program administered by the State Fire Marshall’s Office . Launched in November 2012, the program distributes fire safety education and 10-year sealed battery smoke alarms to participating fire departments. The fire departments then deliver the education and install smoke alarms in at-risk homes across the state.
To discuss installation of smoke detectors in your home, please call (865) 376-2936.
“Get Alarmed, TN” By The Numbers:
- Over 144,000 smoke alarms distributed
- 496 participating fire departments
- 197 homes per week
- 180 documented alerts & saves from “Get Alarmed” smoke alarms
- The City of Kingston Fire Department must install the smoke alarms that you request
- The smoke alarms have a 10 year sealed battery that cannot be accessed
- Kingston Fire Department will also look for other hazards in the home during the install if requested by the homeowner.
- The smoke alarm program is granted to the City of Kingston Fire Department by the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance Fire Marshal’s Office.